- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : GSRT project AMBIENT ASSISTED LIVING (AAL) JOINT PROGRAMME
- Funding Instrument : AAL Joint Programme
- Duration : 30 months
- Total Budget : 2,249,195 EUR
- ITI Budget : 143,159 EUR
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
REMOTE aims at defining and establishing a multidisciplinary and integrated approach to R&D of information and communication technologies for addressing, in real life contexts, identified needs of elderly people, especially of citizens at risk due to geographic and social isolation in combination with chronic conditions, such as (the list presented in more detailed in Annex A is indicative, to be review within WP1) hypertension, arthritis, asthma, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease (AD), and Parkinson’s disease (PD), and the coexistence of lifestyle risk factors, such as weight, blood pressure, smoking, alcohol abuse, poor eating/drinking habits, stress, and low levels of physical activity. In order to enable professional carers to identify, and react to, health risks by monitoring at anytime and from anywhere (remotely) real-time activity and medical data of elderly living in rural and isolated areas, the project introduces an innovative, ontology-driven, open reference architecture and platform that will enable interoperability, seamless connectivity and sharing of content between different services. The project’s action plan to this end is characterised by: (a) user-centred design philosophy and consistent involvement of end-users; (b) processes for ensuring consensus among all stakeholders; © strong commitment towards ethical and legal issues; (d) sound scientific and evidence-based methods to measure usability, impact and acceptance of the project developments by elderly populations; and (e) European market-oriented R&D.
- SIEMENS S.A.
- TSB Soluciones S.A.
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
- Fundacion para la Investigacion Medica Aplicada
- Peh-Med Ltd.
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas
- Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas
- Netscouts gemeinnuetzige GmbH
- ALTANA Consulting S.L.
- University Hospital of North-Norway (UNN) – Norwegian Centre for Telemedicine
- AGE Platform Europe
- Bluepoint IT Solutions
- Medea SRL
- Fraunhofer-Institut fur Biomedizinische Technik
- Ortholine Ltd.