- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : FP7 - Information & Communication Technologies
- Funding Instrument : Coordination and Support Action
- Duration : 24 months
- Total Budget : 1,364,973 EUR
- ITI Budget : 132,188 EUR
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
READY4SmartCities operates in a European context where other initiatives are currently running in order to create a common approach on Smart Cities. Such initiatives, even if of fundamental importance for the EU, have some relevant gaps not allowing them to fully cover fundamental aspects for Smart Cities, i.e. to define a common data framework allowing full interoperability among different city system, as well as a consistent vision on how ICT can support energy systems in smart cities. Within this context READY4SmartCities cover a unique role thanks to its specific mission of bringing together relevant stakeholders including engineering specialists, ICT software and equipment providers, RES providers, energy companies (including ESCOs – Energy Service Companies), construction sector companies, as well as local and regional authorities. In co-operation with these stakeholders, the aim is to deliver:
- A new energy data ecosystem that will accommodate cross-domain data (climatic, occupation, pollution, traffic, activity, etc.) and will allow the exploitation of such data at global scale; by identifying the set of ontologies relevant to energy-efficiency in Smart Cities and the different requirements and guidelines on how to use (publish and interchange) data described according to those ontologies.
- An holistic and shared vision, allowing feasible step-by-step action plans for city authorities and other relevant stakeholder groups to develop and use ICT-based solutions for energy system in urban and rural communities towards future Smart Cities, and thus, leading to reduced energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
The READY4SmartCities project intends to increase awareness and interoperability for the adoption of ICT and semantic technologies in energy system for obtaining a reduction of energy consumption and CO2 emission at smart cities communities level through innovative relying on RTD and innovation outcomes and ICT-based solutions.
- D’APPOLONIA SPA (DAPP) Italy
- UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID (UPM) Spain
- CENTRE SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE DU BATIMENT (CSTB) France
- CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS (CERTH) Greece
- TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS (VTT) Finland
- INSTITUT NATIONAL DE RECHERCHE EN INFORMATIQUE ET EN AUTOMATIQUE (INRIA) France
- AUSTRIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GMBH (AIT) Austria
- AEC3 (AEC3) United Kingdom
- POTECHNICO DI TORINO (POLITO) Italy
- EMPIRICA GESELLSCHAFT FUR KOMMUNIKATIONS- UND TECHNOLOGIEFORSCHUNG MBH AEC3 (EMP) Deutschland