- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : FP7 - Security
- Funding Instrument : Collaborative project
- Duration : 24 months
- Total Budget : 1,893,606 EUR
- ITI Budget : 267,800 EUR
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
Petty Crimes (also known as Volume Crime) take place on a daily basis affecting citizens, local communities, business owners and infrastructure owners. Petty Crime incidents such as theft, criminal damage and anti-social behaviour are on the rise in Europe due to the economic crisis and in turn incidents adversely impact the local socioeconomic environment.
The P-REACT project will design and develop a low cost surveillance platform that will detect Petty Crime incidents. The solution will encompass intelligent video and audio sensors to detect petty crime incidents, a cloud based monitoring, alert detection and storage platform. Technology trends in computer vision, motion detection, video retrieval, semantic video analysis and cloud technology will be exploited.
The solution will focus on connecting citizens, business owners, infrastructure owners and security and law enforcement personnel so that Petty Crime incidents can be effectively dealt with and prevented in the future.
- FUNDACION CENTRO DE TECNOLOGIAS DE INTERACCION VISUAL Y COMUNICACIONES VICOMTECH – Spain
- KINESENSE LIMITED – Ireland
- ADITESS ADVANCED INTERGRATED TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS & SERVICES LTD – Cyprus
- FUTURE INTELLIGENCE LTD – United Kingdom
- CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS – Greece
- CENTER FOR SECURITY STUDIES – Greece
- SRM – SOCIETA RETI E MOBILITA SRL – Italy