- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : H2020-EE-2017-PPP
- Funding Instrument : Innovation Action
- Duration : 36 months
- Total Budget : € 3,770,583
- ITI Budget : € 670,000
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
Buildings constitute a vast, yet currently untapped, source of energy demand flexibility that can provide invaluable services to the energy system. This flexibility currently remains unattainable due to the lack of a technological framework that can connect the multitude of buildings and building systems with the energy system in a cost-effective manner as well as the reluctance of energy consumers to enroll in demand response programs. DRIMPAC offers a comprehensive solution to empower consumer to become active participants in the energy markets. It comprises three main pillars:
a) A legacy and Standards-compliant interoperability framework to interconnect building energy loads/appliances and expose their demand flexibility as price-responsive demand to the grid or for market actors to aggregate and bid in ancillary service markets.
b) A human-centric, intelligent building energy management system that will lift the burden of demand response from the consumers shoulders and reduce reluctance and fear of participation in DR programs. It will infer user comfort preferences and dynamically control building loads to minimize energy cost and use for the building occupant leveraging dynamic prices, while always preserving comfortable and healthy indoor conditions.
c) Innovative business models and service offering for energy retailers in order to facilitate their transformation from commodity suppliers to digital energy service suppliers and kick-start the deployment of the DRIMPAC solution in the market.
The DRIMPAC technological framework and business models will be validated by four retailers supplying three energy carriers – electricity, natural gas and district heating – in four different national markets across the EU – France, Cyprus, Germany and Spain. Pilot demonstrations will take place in a range of building types, including residential, office, educational and others, in order to validate the DRIMPAC benefits across most building typologies.
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS, CERTH, EL
- SIEMENS SRL, Siemens, RO
- HYPERTECH (CHAIPERTEK) ANONYMOS VIOMICHANIKI EMPORIKI ETAIREIA PLIROFORIKIS KAI NEON TECHNOLOGION, Hypertech, EL
- KARLSRUHER INSTITUT FUER TECHNOLOGIE, KIT, DE
- JRC -JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE- EUROPEAN COMMISSION, JRC, BE
- SWT-AoR (Stadtwerke Trier – Anstalt des offentlichenRechts der Stadt Trier), SWT, DE
- MY ENERGIA ONER S.L., MyEnergia, ES
- ARCHI ILEKTRISMOU KYPROU, EAC, CY
- UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, UCY, CY
- INNOVATION ENERGIE DURABLE SOCIETE NOUVELLE, PAR ABREVIATION INNED SN, INNED, FR
- E7 ENERGIE MARKT ANALYSE, e7, AT
- STAM srl, STAM, IT