- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : Horizon 2020 – FoF
- Funding Instrument : Innovation Action
- Duration : 36 months
- Total Budget : 4,024,713 EUR
- ITI Budget : 728,738 EUR
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
SatisFactory aims to contribute to the transformation of traditional industrial environments using cutting-edge technologies in ways that are both productive and appealing to youth.
The fundamental component of the proposed system will be the assessment and storage of the explicit and tacit knowledge created on the shop floor by aggregating a set of heterogeneous smart devices and sensors and extracting context-aware information based on their measurements.
The distribution of this knowledge will be based on three important system tools. Firstly, a training platform will allow the fast and intuitive education of employees. Secondly, a collaboration platform will stimulate and promote team interactions. Finally, ubiquitous user interfaces will support all employees seamlessly in real time and on the move.
SatisFactory will also utilise the aggregated knowledge in order to leverage the control and re-adaptation of facilities and streamline the workload (Human Behaviour Analysis). In order to enhance working experience and thus increase the workplace attractiveness, augmented reality and gamification approaches will be utilized. Additionally modern wearable devices will allow the interaction of workers with the system without disrupting their workflow. All twelve foreseen products of SatisFactory will be deployed and evaluated in two industrial sites representing automotive industry (COMAU) and battery construction (SUNLIGHT). Validation will assess the impact and reveal the capabilities of SatisFactory towards the promotion of novel and viable business models for increased innovation potential, flexibility and productivity, while enhancing workplace attractiveness.
- Centre for Research & Technology Hellas / Information Technologies Institute
- Centre for Research & Technology Hellas – Chemical Process and Energy Resources Institute
- Sigma Orionis S.A., France
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Foerderung der Angewandten Forschung E.V, Germany
- Comau S.P.A., Italy
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Istituto Superiore Mario Boella Sulle Tecnologie Dell’ Informazione e delle Telecomunicazioni, Italy
- Atlantis Engineering A.E., Greece
- Regola S.R.L., Italy
- Systems Sunlight Industrial & Commercial Company of Defensive, Energy, Electronic and Telecommunications Systems S.A., Greece
- GlassUp S.R.L., Italy