- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : IST: Information Society Technologies - Specific Targeted Research Project
- Duration : 36 months
- Total Budget : 5,207,204 EUR
- ITI Budget : 828,180 EUR
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
HUMABIO is a STREP where new types of biometrics are combined with state of the art sensorial technologies in order to enhance security in a wide spectrum of applications.
Several shortcomings in biometric authentication will be addressed in the course of HUMABIO which will provide the basis for improving existing sensors, develop new algorithms, procedures and applications, towards creating an Ambient Intelligence Space in security sensitive, controlled environments with increased security requirements.
In particular, research will be focused on these issues: scientific/technological (such as biodynamic authenticating indicators and physiological state diagnosis); user-centered (such as acceptance, usability and legal framework); and application-related (such as continuous authentication, secure interoperable biometrics and emotional staging and monitoring).
Performance evaluation will be conducted throughout the whole project in a sound and statistically relevant way, under a specifically-created committee control. Significant efforts will be devoted to contributions to standards, co-operation with existing organizations (such as NoE), and to dissemination of the results.
HUMABIO activities include development of pilots in various scenarios (such as transportation safety and continuous authentication in controlled environments) for which important final users have already been involved. Other technological deployments will be made during the project lifetime, driven by the first successful research results; the participation of big industrial partners (with big customers) ensures a very large catchments area.
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (Hellas) – Coordinator
- University of Basel, Department of Psychiatry, Center of Applied Technologies in Neuroscience (Switzerland)
- Dartagnan BV (Holland)
- Formation et Recherches en Neurosciences appliquees a la psychiatrie (France)
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Forderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. (Germany)
- Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (Hellas)
- Multitel ASBL (Belgium)
- Pouliadis Associates Corp. (Hellas)
- Siemens VDO Automotive S.A.S (France)
- Starlab Barcelona S.L. (Spain)
- University of Stuttgart (Germany)
- Volvo Technology AB (Sweden)
- University of Pisa (Italy)