- Funding Organization : European Commission
- Funding Programme : H2020-EE-07 2016
- Funding Instrument : Innovation Action
- Duration : 36 months
- Total Budget : 3,309,375 EUR
- ITI Budget : 255,000 EUR
- Scientific Responsible : Dr. Dimitrios Tzovaras
Achieving the European environmental objectives for 2020 requires not only technological progress, but also a major change in energy consumption behavior. The encompass project will implement and validate an integrated sociotechnical approach to behavioral change for energy saving, by developing innovative user-friendly digital tools to make energy consumption data available and understandable for different stakeholders (residents, visitors, public actors, building managers, utilities and ICT-providers) in ways that empower them to achieve energy savings and manage their needs in energy efficient, cost-effective and comfortable ways. It will demonstrate how this can be achieved with a holistic approach that integrates visualization of energy data collected from smart sensors, user generated information and context-aware collaborative recommendations for energy saving, intelligent control and adaptive gamified incentives.
The enCOMPASS system will be realized as an open platform combining: (1) context dependent energy usage information from in-home sensors (smart meters and smart home appliances for heat and electricity), (2) user generated information (automatic and manual activity tracking), (3) adaptive gamified energy visualization and (4) intelligent controls and automation. The platform is developed to achieve sustainable changes in user energy consumption patterns without compromising comfort levels. The enCOMPASS system will integrate existing technology, product and service offerings of the utility and technology partners, customize and extend them to offer improved and new types of their offerings.
The enCOMPASS platform is the heart of a new business ecosystem that enables players in the energy domain to develop their own white-label solutions on top of the platform, or to integrate and use individual services or platform modules. This set-up results in societal, environmental and economic impact of enCOMPASS above and beyond the reach of the pilots.
- Politecnico di Milano (PMI) – Italy
- European Institute for Participatory Media (EIPCM) – Germany
- Stadtwerke Ha?furt GmbH (SHF) – Germany
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) – Greece
- Naturschutzbund (NABU) – Germany
- Watt & Volt (WVT) – Greece
- Societa Elettrica Sopracenerina (SES) – Switzerland
- National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF) – Greece
- Scuola Universitaria Profesionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI) – Switzerland
- Set Mobile S.R.L (SMOB) – Romania
- Kaleidos Games (KAL) – Italy
- Kaunas Univeristy of Technology, Social responsibility research centre (KTU) – Lithuania
- Paradox AG (PDX) – Switzerland
- Gravity R&D Zrt (GRA) – Hungary