The "3D HapticWebBrowser" is an application that enables haptic navigation though the web as well as haptic exploration of 2D maps for the visually impaired.
In April 2010, this application won the Judges Award at the Web Accessibility Challenge (sponsored by Microsoft) at the 7th International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (W4A 2010).
- N. Kaklanis, K. Votis, K. Moustakas, D. Tzovaras, "3D HapticWebBrowser: Towards Universal Web Navigation for the Visually Impaired", 7th International Conference on Web Accessibility, W4A, 26-27 April 2010, Raleigh, north Carolina, USA
- N. Kaklanis, D. Tzovaras, K. Moustakas, "Haptic navigation in the World Wide Web" HCI International 2009 (HCII 2009), San Diego, California, USA, 19-24 July 2009, LNCS5616, pp.707-715.
- N. Kaklanis, J-G. Calleros, J. Vanderdonckt, D. Tzovaras, "A haptic rendering engine of web pages for blind users", ACM International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2008), Naples-Italy, May 2008
- N. Kaklanis, J-G. Calleros, J. Vanderdonckt, D. Tzovaras, "Hapgets, Towards Haptically-enhanced widgets based on a User Interface Description Language", Workshop on Multimodal Interaction Through Haptic Feedback (MITH 2008), Naples-Italy, May 2008
- N. Kaklanis, K. Moustakas, D. Tzovaras, "Haptic Rendering of HTML components and 2D maps included in web pages", in G. Ghinea, F. Andres, S. Gulliver (Eds) Multiple Sensorial Media Advances and Applications: New Developments in MulSeMedia, 2010.